The Evolution of Redondo Beach Public Library
The City of Redondo Beach established its first library in 1895 as a sailors' reading room in a donated building on Wharf No. 1. Over the years, the success of the services provided by the Library and community support has developed a contemporary and enriched library system. There are two library locations in the City: The Main Library, located in the Civic Center complex; and the North Branch Library, located on Artesia Boulevard.